The Addison Public Library is seeking a friendly, creative, and customer-focused person to provide ready reference, reader's advisory, and basic technology assistance. You'll also have the opportunity to work on special projects and participate on library-wide committees.
What you need to be successful:
- A positive attitude
- Knowledge of pop culture and current publishing trends
- Ability to solve problems quickly and think creatively
- Passion for connecting patrons to resources
What we offer:
- Educational opportunities and encouragement for professional growth
- A diverse community that actively uses and supports its public library
- An organizational culture that embraces change and supports trying new ideas
- Comprehensive benefit package including employer-paid health and life insurance and IMRF
- Two weeks of vacation plus sick leave, personal days, and paid holidays
What you'll be doing:
- Providing support for adult programming, including participation in planning, scheduling, and presentation of programs.
- Promoting the library's collection through eye-catching displays and other marketing activities
- Focusing on internal public desk coverage and behavior monitoring
- Serving patrons primarily inside the building, but there will be opportunities to represent the Library out in the community.
- Education: LTA or Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Experience: Two years customer service experience required.
- Directly related experience and/or enrollment in higher education may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Evening and weekend work required.
- Access to transportation required.
We strongly encourage bilingual candidates (Spanish/English or Polish/English) to apply.
Please review the complete job description to better understand the responsibilities and expectations.
Please send cover letter and resume no later than January 31st to Mary Medjo Me Zengue (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please include Adult Services Associate in subject line.