Do you have a passion for data, including conducting original research, collecting information using a wide variety of tools and methods, and analyzing all of the facts and figures you collect to tell a compelling story and make informed decisions? Would you enjoy sharing your passion through training and collaborating with others on research projects? Are you able to present data in innovative and visually-pleasing ways to get your point across? Do you want to work in an innovative, energetic, and fun work environment?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, we have the perfect job for you! The Reaching Across Illinois Library System (RAILS) has an immediate opening for a full-time Data Coordinator & Research Analyst to oversee a variety of research and analysis projects to help us improve the programs and services we offer for nearly 1,300 libraries of all types (academic, public, school, and special).
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in research and experience using the results of that research to solve real-life challenges. You must also have outstanding written, verbal, and training skills, and the ability to communicate complex ideas in a clear and effective manner and to a wide variety of stakeholders. Experience working with libraries is a definite plus.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducts original research and analyzes available data to inform the library profession, educators, and decision-makers about topics crucial to library services in Illinois.
- Manages outcome-based evaluations of RAILS programs, including study design, instrument development, data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- In collaboration with other RAILS staff, designs and produces infographics and other innovative visual presentations of data.
- Develops and implement procedures to monitor compliance with system standards and membership criteria, including the annual certification process
What You'll Need
- Experience conducting all parts of the research process including study design, instrument development, data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Minimum two (2) years related work experience (e.g., social science research, program evaluation).
- Experience demonstrating collegiality and a strong service orientation with co-workers, clients, and third parties.
- Bachelor's Degree including course work in information science, statistics or related fields
- Graduate level coursework in research methods and statistics preferred
What RAILS Offers
- Competitive pay
- A generous benefits package that includes health insurance, a retirement plan, flexible spending accounts, and paid time off
- Opportunities for professional development and for participation in professional organizations
To apply, send your resume with a cover letter with Data Coordinator and Research Analyst in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will be based out of the Burr Ridge Service Center: 125 Tower Drive, Burr Ridge, IL 60527.