The Ela Area Public Library in Lake Zurich, IL has an opening for a Circulation Assistant.
- Providing courteous and professional customer service to patrons and staff in person and on the phone
- Performing duties of checking in and out library materials including Interlibrary loans
- Assisting patrons with self checkouts, feeding all book drop items through the sorter, and emptying bins and putting items on appropriate carts
- Checking for missing or damaged items
- Maintaining the drive-up holds shelf and processing all in-house and CCS holds for distribution and circulation including pick-list holds
- Preparing and returning all items from other libraries for daily pick-up
- Registering and issuing library cards using District and Lake County Tax Assessor maps and records
- Maintaining patron records keeping all information private and up-to date
- Collecting fines for overdue materials
- Verifying price and collecting payment for lost or damaged items
- Accurately collecting fines and making change for patrons
- Monitoring and answering Circulation questions that come over WebChat
- Identifying and sending damaged items to Technical Services for repair or discard
High School diploma or equivalency, previous work experience, computer experience desirable. Spanish, Polish, or Chinese language skills a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Take personal responsibility for making sure customer needs are met
- Work cooperatively on a team
- Work long periods at the circulation counter, using a computer terminal and keyboard
- Bend, reach, and lift
- Push or pull a cart loaded with library materials
- Read small print accurately
- Perform accurate math calculations
- Retrieve items from various locations in the department and library
If you are interested in joining Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above, please complete the PDF application, save it to your computer, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.