Seeking a part-time Library Assistant to join our busy Circulation team. In this position you will be dealing directly with patrons and visitors. Candidates must have a positive attitude, work well in a team environment, and demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Greet patrons and provide friendly customer service
- Assist patrons with self-check unit and automated return handler
- Identify damaged and incomplete returns
- Register new patrons and maintain accurate patron database
- Answer incoming phone calls and direct calls as appropriate
- Process and file available holds for patrons
- Knowledge of Circulation policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRES: High School Diploma or equivalent; excellent communication skills; commitment to outstanding customer service and teamwork; ability to lift 25 lbs. and push a book cart; must demonstrate basic computer competencies. Library experience and familiarity with POLARIS software preferred. See job description for complete list of requirements.
Applications accepted until position is filled. Completed City of Park Ridge Job Application required for consideration.
Send a cover letter, resume, and completed Application to Circulation Manager as outlined below.
Job description and City of Park Ridge Job Application are available from the Library Business Office or online at www.parkridgelibrary.org under "Get Involved/ Employment". E.O.E.