The Antioch Public Library District has an outstanding opportunity for an experienced children's advocate with strong communication skills, proven leadership ability and a knack for organization. Our Library is entering an exciting new phase and we are looking for a Head of Children's Services to help take our library to the next level. We are investigating remodeling or expanding our building in the near future and want a creative, forward-thinking Head of Children's Services to contribute to this effort. We are seeking someone who understands the importance of collaboration, knows how to handle difficult situations and has a talent for inspiring and providing feedback to a talented team. The ideal person will embrace change, have a positive attitude and be dedicated to expanding the role of the library in children's lives and the community.
- Masters of Library Science from an ALA-accredited school
- Minimum two years' experience in a public service position in a public library
- Prefer two years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of public library philosophies, including service, collection development, publishers and vendors and marketing of materials and services to patrons.
- Knowledge of Children's Literature
- Computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to represent the Library in a professional manner
- Demonstrated ability of strong communication and interpersonal skills. Effectively able to communicate and build consensus across departments and diverse constituency groups