Applications received by November 19, 2018, will receive first consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
Are you an energetic, experience leader looking to join an ambitious suburban library as the Circulation Services Manager?
The Fountaindale Public Library District is a customer service driven library, invested in its wonderfully diverse community of 68,000 patrons. With over a million annual circulation and a 24 hour material turnaround, we have a very fast paced Circulation Department. We seek a driven, friendly, self starter who will advance the library's mission of providing education, enrichment and discovery to our public. Our Circulation Services manager will lead an excellent team and work closely with other departments to provide the best experience possible for our patrons.
Are you up for the challenge? Read on for a full description and apply today.
Generous benefit package includes up to 8 holidays per year plus additional paid time off. IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) is included as well as medical, dental, vision and life insurance options.
Duties: Manages the Circulation department, organizing, implementing, and monitoring all aspects of services to meet the needs of library patrons and achieve the goals of the department and the library.
1. Provides consistent, gracious and friendly service to internal and external customers.
2. Manages all Circulation Services Department activities.
3. Understands and enforces library policies and procedures while safeguarding intellectual freedom and patron privacy.
4. Participates as an active member of the Library's upper management team, including strategic library planning and goal setting.
5. Coordinates, supervises, evaluates, hires and trains Circulation Services staff, as appropriate.
6. Serves as primary contact with Collection Agency regarding account settings.
7. Provides day-to-day leadership for the Circulation Services Department and actively participates in the developmental plans of departmental staff.
8. Review, plan, coordinate, and implement the use of technology in the Circulation Services Department.
9. Assist with budget planning in relation to Department.
10. Analyzes data from the integrated library system and other sources to determine effectiveness of current services and makes appropriate suggestions.
11. Actively participates in consortial and internal discussions as related to integrating new initiatives into our consortial catalog and into our District.
12. Prepares and submits required records, reports, statistics and purchase requests in keeping with the policies and procedures of the library.
13. Responsible for Automated Machine Handler care and maintenance.
14. Actively pursues opportunities to increase knowledge of current information, technology and library trends at the local and regional library level.
15. Serves as building responsibility lead.
16. Performs all duties of Circulation Services when needed.
17. Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Requires expertise acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree. MLS from an ALA-accredited library school a plus.
Experience: Minimum 5 years related circulation services experience in a comparable organization or library, with progressive management experience required.
Office & Library
Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
Strong knowledge of productivity suites and integrated library systems.
Demonstrates strong leadership and enthusiastically cultivates positive working relationships within a team environment.
Able to use sound judgment in applying the principles of librarianship in a customer driven manner.
Knowledge of current technology trends, reference techniques and automated digital information retrieval.
Strong knowledge of Circulation services, principles, trends, practices and technology.
Ability to incorporate technology into public services.
Strong ability to exercise reasonable and independent judgment and discretion.
Strong ability to analyze and synthesize data to produce new or revised processes and procedures.
Ability to adapt to and effectively implement change.
Ability to effectively use a variety of tablets and similar devices.
Provides consistent, gracious and friendly service to internal and external customers.
Communicates effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
Speaking skills in other languages, particularly Spanish, is a plus.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff and public. Ability to stay calm and effective in difficult situations.
Ability to empathize and relate to the needs of all patrons.
Ability to adapt to change.
Position has supervisory responsibility. Interview, hire, train, encourage, review work, inspire, assist, develop, counsel, evaluate, discipline and enforce library rules and policies.
Internal: Library staff. External: Patrons, vendors, school staff, community organizations and staff at other libraries.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Physical requirements include: good speaking, hearing and vision ability, ability to push carts of library materials weighing up to 100 pounds frequently, lifting materials weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally and up to 20 pounds frequently. Will require standing for prolonged periods of time.
Work is performed in a typical library environment. Full-time position which requires some weekend and evening work.
Please visit the library's website at www.fountaindale.org or additional information and application.
No phone calls please. Equal Opportunity Employer.