The Technical Services Assistant – Preservation Specialist performs the important tasks of digitizing, organizing, cataloging and otherwise preserving resources that the Rolfing Library acquires. Duties also include taking part in broader projects which require familiarity with principles and practices in acquisitions, cataloging, and/or social media. This position reports to the Collection Management Librarian.
● Digitization of library collections, including scanning and cataloging of resources
● Creation of finding guides for library collections
● Maintain media collections through regular cleaning and repair
● Contribute to social media through provision of ideas and/or content creation
● Repair books as needed
● Participate in other library projects as assigned
Partial List of Qualifications:
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on projects
● Possess a keen attention to detail and adept problem solving skills
● Willingness and ability to carefully preserve the history of the university
● Previous archives or library experience strongly preferred
● Physical ability to sit for extended periods of time, safely reach materials on shelves, lift boxes up to 40 lbs, and push carts loaded with up to 100 lbs. of material.
● Supports Trinity's mission and core values, commitment to a Christian lifestyle, and character in keeping with biblical models.
Flexible Start Date - Start by Jan. 7.
Review of Applications will begin immediately. Position will remain posted until filled.
For full job description and application details, please visit the University's HR posting.