The Librarian performs daily technical and/or clerical library functions to meet the information needs of library users. Has full responsibility for obtaining needed materials not owned by the library at user's request. Provides initial assistance and direction to library users and refers to Director or other possible sources as appropriate. Oversees the library and oversees the work of the Library Student Workers in the Director's absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists university personnel in finding information in the library.
- Responds to telephone, in-person, or electronic requests for information as appropriate.
- Assists users with library equipment use: computers, printers, scanners, and photocopiers.
- Refers questions/users to Director when appropriate.
- Processes and delivers library requests to requestor in a timely manner.
- Performs circulation functions: checking out materials and understanding specific collection policies within the library.
- Maintains catalog accuracy and order of all library materials under Director's supervision.
- Submits and tracks claims for items not returned at the end of every term.
- Monitors all course reserve materials, ensuring that they are present and made available for all required courses.
- May perform cataloging functions: labeling, typing, etc. tasks in processing of new materials.
- Supervises and allocates daily work of Library Student Workers.
- Monitors available supplies and places orders in a timely fashion.
- Works on collection development by ordering new materials and researching potential resources.
- ALA Accredited Master's Degree in Library and Information Science required.
- 1-3 years library experience with face-to-face service functions preferred.
- Familiar with interlibrary loan procedures, state policies, and copyright laws.
- Must be able to meet shifting deadlines and manage changing priorities with professional, courteous demeanor.
- Preferred experience information management systems (Docline and OCLC WorldShare), internet, and generic office hardware. Familiar with EBSCO and Ovid database formats and medical terminology.