TITLE: CIRCULATION ASSISTANT
A part-time, non-exempt, public services position with responsibility to maintain the operation of the Circulation Desk. Promotes a positive attitude and achieves a high standard of customer service, as the library's main contact with the public. Cooperates with the Circulation Supervisor and the Director to improve circulation services; directly responsible to the Circulation Supervisor.
To include, but not limited to:
- Attends the circulation desk. Performs all circulation desk duties according to policies and procedures.
- Directs and refers Library patrons to the proper areas, both in-house and on the phone.
- Places/receives/calls/sends/locates items on hold.
- Collects fines and fees for lost or late items.
- Assists patrons, whenever appropriate, in materials retrieval and usage.
- Receives incoming phone calls.
- Registers new Library users and handles all other patron registration.
- Provides information about library and community programs.
- Follows the procedures for opening and closing the Library.
- Clerical duties.
- Assist patrons as needed with the copier.
- Assumes other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge of circulation policies, procedures and services. Exceptional communication skills required; ability to project a warm, friendly and professional demeanor at all times. Knowledge of the Dynix/SIRSI automated system preferred. Conversational Spanish a plus.
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
A high school diploma is required; LTA Certificate preferred. Spanish language skills preferred.
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the front desk to pick up an application!