The Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and managing the Library's community presence.
- Coordinates community engagement for the Library, including outreach to local businesses and nonprofits, participation in community events, and serving on local boards and committees.
- Coordinates with library director, staff, and trustees to provide consistent print and electronic messages in support of services. Coordinates internal (board and staff) and external (newspaper, radio, cable television, posters) publicity efforts. Creates the library's marketing plan.
- Responsible for the Library's newsletter, program flyers, digital signage, and other print publications such as bibliographies, bookmarks, fundraising materials, and informational brochures related to library services.
- Serves as a liaison to the homeschool population, providing services, programs, and resources.
- Develops connections with individuals and local organizations to promote library services and resources.
- Coordinates and schedules all displays and exhibits within the library including the Share Space and the Explore Space.
- Responsible for developing and executing a wide variety of innovative library programs, including garden-related programming.
- Three years of work experience and high school diploma or Bachelor's degree
- Access to transportation
- Flexible hours
- Knowledge of gardening preferred
Please send a cover letter and résumé to Library Director Barbara Osuch at email@example.com or 400 Lakewood Blvd., Park Forest, IL 60466.