Employer/Library: Brimfield Public Library District
Full Time or Part Time: Full Time
Salary: $52,000 – 65,000
The Brimfield Public Library District is seeking a highly responsible and experienced library professional to serve as Library Director and to advance the Brimfield Public Library's mission to serve our community by nurturing and facilitating reading and learning.
Major responsibilities include:
- Serving as ex officio member of the Library district Board of Trustees.
- Preparing and recommending operating policies to the Board of Trustees.
- Managing and coordinating library financial operations.
- Overseeing all building and property management.
- Developing strategic plans to support and promote the library mission.
- Maintaining an active and effective public relations presence with the community.
Experience and Training Qualifications:
- A Master's Degree in Library Science from a recognized college or university, plus 2 years of supervisory small library administration is preferred; or a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized college or university and a minimum of 3 years small library administration experience which provides a demonstrated potential for performing the duties of the position. Having a valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to administer the activities of a public library and supervise the work of others
- Knowledge of standard library principles and practices
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under changing priorities and conditions
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, policies, and procedures
- Proficiency with computers, library software including Quickbooks, electronic resources, and other internet and digital communications
- A strong commitment to public service
The Brimfield Public Library District serves a population of 3,936 and is located 15 miles west of Peoria, Illinois.
Interested applicants should send a resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references to Jon Davis, President, Brimfield Public Library District Board of Trustees, 111 S. Galena Ave., Brimfield, IL 61517 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.