We are looking for a friendly and resourceful individual to join our Youth Services Department at the Rolling Meadows Library. In this position you will be responsible for providing Library information services and promoting reading for knowledge and pleasure to children and their caregivers. Being self-motivated and reliable is essential to success in this position.
- Assists in planning, implementing, and performing programs to help staff identify and respond to the challenges that patrons from other cultures and those with special needs face while using the library
- Plans and implements programming for children through grade eight.
- Assists patrons at the Ask Me Desk and on the telephone with reference and reader's advisory inquiries
- Assists patrons at the Ask Me Desk in locating materials
- Assists in preparation of reports as assigned
- Compiles bibliographic aids as assigned
- Compiles statistics as assigned
- Reads professional materials and keeps informed of trends and developments in the profession
- Sorts and shelves books and other library material
Education and/or Experience
A Bachelor's degree (B.A.) in early childhood or elementary education from a four year college or university is desirable. Experience with children and/or libraries; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Applications available on the Library's website or at Rolling Meadows Library, 3110 Martin Lane, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008. E-mail to: RMLemployment@rmlib.org EOE