The Bensenville Community Public Library seeks an innovative, creative, forward-looking individual to join our vibrant Youth Services department.
Reports to the Youth Services Coordinator.
Position is full-time (37.5 hrs.\wk.), non-exempt. Starting salary is $40,500 annually along with vacation and sick leave, health and life insurance and IMRF.
- Development and implementation of new and exciting programing and services, including a focus on Early Childhood age programming
- Provides reference and reader's advisory services to patrons
- Assist with coordination of collection development within Youth Services
- Participate in planning and execution for programming, including educational, cultural, recreational, and technology-based programming
- Hosts library orientation, tours, and visits to the library for groups of children and caregivers.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with teachers, librarians, and other staff within area schools and community agencies/organizations serving children.
- Attends various staff meetings; serves on various staff committees
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of public library practices pertaining to services from early-childhood to teen
- Knowledge of technology, including e-resources and devices
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to apply initiative and exercise good judgment
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong commitment to public service
- Excellent interpersonal skills and public service manner for modeling customer service expectations
- Ability to interact harmoniously and communicate well with customers and staff
- Excellent English communication skills, oral and written, and public-speaking presentation skills
- Satisfactory criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening
- Master's of Library Science from ALA-accredited institution OR applicable degree in Elementary Education, Early Childhood Education
- Experience with Word, Excel, and other application software
- Knowledge of Spanish is preferable
To apply send you cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include YS LIBRARIAN in subject line.