Do you enjoy working with children and their families to provide them with fun and educational programs and opportunities? Do you have a love of children's literature and trends? Are you committed to providing excellent customer service to all patrons? The Kids Room is looking for you!
Children's Services Assistants work the Kids Room service desk answering reference questions and providing reader's advisory for children and their families. Assistants also present programs to children of all ages inside and outside of the library. We are looking for candidates who:
- Provide excellent customer service to the public
- Have experience working with children
- Are adept at using technology and feel comfortable sharing that knowledge
- Are willing to read and learn about children's literature
- Possess great communication and organization skills and have the ability to work independently
This opening is for a year-round, part-time position averaging 20 hours per week, including some evening work, a Friday night rotation, and a weekend rotation. The starting salary is $16.00 per hour and benefits include IMRF, vacation, and sick leave. Applicants should have a valid Illinois driver's license.
The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications and resumes should be submitted to Allyson Renell, Children's Services Manager, Downers Grove Public Library at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, September 30th, 2018. Application forms are available at the Circulation Service Desk or on our website at dglibrary.org.