- Bachelor's Degree, LTA or Associate's Degree. Previous library experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of technology, including computers, various e-devices, Microsoft Office and the internet.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent customer service skills with a strong background in working with the public
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Requires a full range of body motion, including standing, sitting or walking for extended periods of time.
- Assist library users in the selection, organization and interpretation of library materials.
- Provide reference and reader's advisory services to library patrons of all ages.
- Teach public to use WNPL print, internet including electronic resources and technology equipment.
- Place holds and initiate interlibrary loan requests.
- Troubleshoot minor problems with equipment (Computers, copiers, etc.)
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
You may download the Application for Employment from our website at www.wnpl.info . Please submit application, along with your resume and cover letter to:
Head of Adult Services
Warren-Newport Public Library
Please include job title in the subject line of email. No phone calls or in-person inquiries accepted.