Adult Services Librarian
Black Road Branch
Are you passionate about serving the public? Are you comfortable with technology? Are you experienced in developing and maintaining print and audiovisual collections? Do you love engaging others in reader's advisory? If so, come join our dynamic Adult Services team!
The Joliet Public Library is a large public Library with two locations, serving a diverse population of over 147,000 people. We are seeking a full- time Adult Services Librarian for our Black Road Branch location. Our ideal candidate will have experience with event planning and business outreach, as well as the patience and skills necessary to provide training for patrons on emerging technologies, products and services. Spanish language skills and a strong knowledge of the Joliet area are a plus!
- Coordination, development and facilitation of in house and externally hosted library programs, including library exhibits and hands-on programs, with a focus on creating experiences that attract a broad range of ages, and cultivating new audiences.
- Identifying new partnerships, technologies, and initiatives that support the Library's programming vision, including exploring grant or funding opportunities.
- Developing and implementing hands-on, participatory maker and technology programs and experiences, in coordination with library colleagues.
- Using creativity, cutting edge technology, and pop culture to enhance exhibits, facilitate special projects, and create events.
- Providing reference and readers' advisory services.
- Performing collection management responsibilities focused on the adult population; experience with Fiction collection management is a plus.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MLS/MLIS (or recognizes equivalent) from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Strong knowledge of reference and readers' advisory services and resources.
- Strong collection management abilities.
- Strong commitment to serving the needs of library users outside of the library, and willingness to advocate for their needs.
- Ability to work and collaborate with diverse groups of people.
- Wide-ranging computer skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service and communicate well in both oral and written English for group and one-on-one instruction.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and their applications to the public library environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Mac computers, Google Office Suite, social media, e-readers and tablet technology.
Starting salary $21.86 per hour. We offer excellent benefits—12 sick days per year, 5 weeks of vacation, and 10 holidays per year. IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) is included as well as medical, dental and vision insurance.