Woodridge Public Library is seeking a part-time Circulation Clerk III. We are looking for an individual with a helpful, friendly attitude to provide exceptional customer service to all patrons who enter the Library. In this position, you will have extensive contact with the public, provide assistance with library card registration, checking out of materials, the collection of fees, resolving problems involving lost or overdue materials, and perform other duties as assigned. Schedule averages 20 hours per week, including some weekend hours. Salary begins at $13.49/hr. Please submit an application located on the Woodridge Public Library website at http://www.woodridgelibrary.org/employment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to HR Manager, Woodridge Public Library, 3 Plaza Drive, Woodridge, IL 60517.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position working 20 hours per week and includes some evenings, weekends, and mandatory workdays. The hourly rate starts at $13.49/hour and offers some paid time-off and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
- High school diploma or GED
- This position requires one year of work experience preferably in a customer service or library environment
- Basic office skills (filing and keyboarding) plus knowledge of appropriate computer progams
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to work:
Thur - Off
Fri rotating 4-hour shift or off if working weekend three of 8 weekends
- Push rolling carts - up to 25 lbs
- Bend/stoop and lift items from return bins
- Stand for 1 hour (or sit and get up, sit and get up, etc.)
The Woodridge Public Library is an equal opportunity, equal access employer.
No phone calls please.