This is a part-time position with regularly scheduled hours and is primarily responsible for shelving library materials and maintaining the library shelving areas.
Responsibilities and Job Functions:
- Sorts and shelves materials in the Youth Services Department using the Dewey Decimal System
- Reads shelves to ensure that materials are in proper order and shifts items as needed.
- Maintains the appearance of the collection and brings mislabeled items or damaged materials to the attention of the Youth Services staff.
- Answers patrons' simple directional questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School graduate or High School students can apply. Age Requirement: 16 years or older. (15 years old may apply with some restrictions).
- Exercise reasonable and independent judgment and discretion.
- Capable to adapt to and effectively implement change.
- Ability to follow procedures.
- Ability to works on a team and independently.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays
Application forms are available at the Circulation Services Desk or send a resume with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org