Youth Services Desk Assistant and After School Monitor
12 – 16 hours per week
The Riverside Public Library is seeking applicants who enjoy working with children of all ages and can keep their cool in any situation. If you thrive in a busy environment while also delivering first-rate customer service, this job is for you!
The ideal applicant will be expected to:
- Enforce library policies in a professional and consistent manner.
- Effectively communicate with patrons and staff to ensure a positive and safe environment for all.
- Complete incident reports.
- Assist patrons with general information and directional questions, including use of catalog and program sign-up.
- Maintain a positive attitude in any situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Good observational skills.
- Ability to effectively handle challenging situations in a public setting
- Good judgement.
- Positive attitude.