The Winnetka-Northfield Public Library District seeks a friendly, creative, enthusiastic, service and detail oriented individual to join our Administrative Team. The Administrative Services Assistant provides administrative support to the Library Director and business office. This is a part-time hourly position and works under the general supervision of the Library Director. The Administrative Services Assistant has access to confidential and financial information and must strictly adhere to library policies and procedures.
- Acts as assistant to the accountant, ensuring the proper coding of invoices, bank deposits, and cash register reconciliations
- Is responsible for the maintenance of records for the library district, ensuring that they are updated in a timely and sensitive manner.
- Maintains the Library Board calendar and files legal documents as mandated.
- Collates, prints, and delivers all board packets to library district trustees.
- Attend board meetings and transcribe board meeting minutes and submit to the Director and Board Secretary for review.
- Assists the Library Director with phone calls, correspondence, preparing reports and other communications.
- Compiles and prepares statistical reports
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum High school graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in data entry, typing, organization, and filing.
- Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Publisher, as well as familiarity with QuickBooks.
- Attention to detail.
- Well-developed ability to communicate in oral and written English.
- Ability to work independently, handle sensitive situations with firmness and tact, maintain confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Must have reliable transportation