Part-time Building and Grounds Assistant
Joliet is a southwest suburb of Chicago, with a culturally diverse population of 147,000. With two locations, one urban and one suburban, Joliet Public Library is at the beginning of a new strategic plan and on an upward trajectory. Come join our team and be part of our transformation process.
The Joliet Public Library is seeking a part-time Building and Grounds Assistant. The primary function of the job is to assist in courier service, loading and unloading of materials and emergency cleanups. Assist the Building and Grounds Coordinator with maintaining Library Buildings and grounds at both locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with room set ups for programming needs.
- Execute opening and closing procedures successfully
- Respond to off-duty emergencies as needed
- Remove snow and de-ice sidewalks as needed
- Participate in rotating on call schedule
- Set up, arrange and remove tables, chairs, ladders, etc. to prepare facilities for events
- High school education or equivalent.
- Ability to perform tasks involved in the position.
- Ability to operate all equipment and tools necessary to perform job duties.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds of materials.
- Ability to relate to Library patrons of all ages in a positive, patient, and effective manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively on radio system.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to work a variety of hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to use the Library's computer maintenance management system software.
- Have valid driver's license in good standing.
The starting pay is $12.45 per hour.
The position will remain open until filled. Send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Human Resources Department
Joliet Public Library
150 N. Ottawa St.
Joliet, IL 60432-4192