Description: This position provides services to the Circulation Department through shelving, filing, and projects to support collection organization. This position assists with checking in materials and some general circulation functions.
- Check in Library materials using Library ILS system.
- Shelve collection Library materials and keep them in appropriate order. Shelf read and straighten assigned area regularly.
- Keep collection Library materials in good order and maintain physical appearance of the public area.
- Assist with hold management and associated functions.
- Know when to refer patron questions to appropriate staff members.
- Assist in emptying bookdrops (inside and outdoor).
- Retrieve and deliver material from various departments of the building.
- Perform opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Assist with inventory of collection items using Library software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Successful completion of pre-employment test on arranging items in numerical and alphabetical order.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to speak, read, and write English effectively.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with the public and staff.
- Physical capability sufficient to lift, transport, and shelve materials, including art prints and full carts of books. Must be able to lift 30 pounds. Must be able to bend, push, stoop, climb and lift to perform job duties.
- This job is performed in a regular office environment, with some exposure to outside weather elements.
- Mobility sufficient to maneuver safely between work stations and stacks.
- Vision adequate to read computer monitor screens and print materials.
- Adequate finger dexterity to perform keyboard operations.
- Valid and reliable transportation required.