We're looking for a communications/marketing/social media guru who will take the lead in bringing the library's brand to life within the community. Are you a creative, hands-on leader who can use your excellent writing skills to market the library's programs, services and collections to the incredibly diverse residents of Aurora, IL? Does the thought of interacting with community members, the media, and public officials get you going? If so, we would love to hear from you!
In this highly visible role, reporting to the Executive Director, you will participate on various internal committees and attend (and present) at our monthly Board of Library Trustees meeting. Your priorities over the next year will include developing a comprehensive marketing plan, an internal style guide, and a social media strategy, as well as assisting with our website redesign.
You'll need to be:
- Friendly, outgoing, and able to build relationships at all levels
- Strategic about creating excitement in the community while building our brand
- Savvy with social media, traditional print, and other avenues for promoting library services
- Able to see the big picture, but also detail-oriented
- A master of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Flexible, positive, and willing to work with customers and staff to resolve problems so everyone wins
- Ready to respond quickly to media requests
- A change agent who isn't afraid to identify opportunities, suggest solutions and implement strategies
We'd love for you to have:
- Spanish language (both verbal and written) skills. This is strongly preferred
- A bachelor's degree in communications, writing, or a design field (or a bachelor's in another field and significant work experience in communications)
- Graphic design skills
- Experience in communications at a government agency or nonprofit
- An existing network in the Aurora community
Here's what you'll get:
- Competitive salary range starts at $50,000
- Flexible work schedule – most administrative staff work 8-5 or 9-6 Monday through Friday, but we can be flexible. You will need to be available for some weekend and after-hours events
- Four weeks vacation time plus sick leave, personal days, and eleven paid holidays
- IMRF pension
- BCBSIL medical/dental, life insurance
- Professional development opportunities
A little bit about us:
Our strategic priorities through 2019 include School Success, Express Creativity, Feed Your Imagination, and Welcome to America. We're dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a diverse urban area. Our 97,000-square foot main library which opened in 2015 includes a makerspace and a media production lab, and you'll be able to take advantage of these in-house resources for your work. We also have two branches and a bookmobile. We serve six school districts in four counties, and our bookmobile provides library services to students in East Aurora School District 131.
If this sounds like the role for you, please send your resume, cover letter and writing and/or design samples (links to online content you've created will work for us) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is August 10, 2018.