The Mahomet Public Library District is seeking a highly responsible and experienced library professional to serve as the Library Director and to advance the Mahomet Library's mission to serve our community by nurturing and facilitating learning.
Major responsibilities include:
- Serving as ex officio member of the library district Board of Trustees.
- Developing and coordinating library policies with the Board of Trustees.
- Developing strategic plans to support and promote the library mission.
- Maintaining an active and enthusiastic public relations presence within the community.
- Managing and coordinating library financial operations.
- Overseeing all building and property management.
- A Master's Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university plus five (5) years of progressively responsible library administration experience, including at least three (3) years in a supervisory capacity, or any combination of experience and training which provides a demonstrated potential for performing the duties of the position
- Ability to administer the activities of a public library and supervise the work of others
- Knowledge of standard library principles and practices, including the concepts of freedom of speech, copyrights, collection development, patron confidentiality, censorship and library ethics
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, subordinates, associates, officials of other agencies, and the general public
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under changing priorities and conditions
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports, correspondence, policies, and procedures
- Proficiency with computers, popular library software, electronic resources, and other internet and digital communications
- A strong commitment to public service
The salary range for the position is $55,000-65,000, depending on education and experience. We offer generous benefits and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund.
The Mahomet Public Library District serves Mahomet Township (population 13,765) and is located 12 miles northwest of Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.
Interested applicants are encouraged to visit our website MahometPublicLibrary.org/Jobs to review the full job description. Applicants should complete the employment application and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references to Karin Vermillion, President, Mahomet Public Library Board of Trustees, 1702 E. Oak St., Mahomet, IL 61853 or via email to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Visit our website MahometPublicLibrary.org/Jobs to review the full job description and for application instructions.