We are seeking an energetic, creative and outgoing individual who enjoys working with children. The position (12 hours per week including daytime hours and nighttime hours plus some weekends) involves dealing directly with the public in a variety of ways. YS Assistants provide reference and reader's advisory services, answer the phone and assist with programs and departmental services. Excellent customer service skills are required. For this position knowledge of children's and young adult literature is preferred.
Additional Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong computer skills
- The ability to empathize with and relate to the needs of children.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Work with great accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to bend, stoop, lift, and carry/push a fully loaded book cart.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations and job requirements.
Qualifications: Two years of college or LTA Certificate or equivalent. One year's experience working with children and caregivers
Please send cover letter and resume with three references.