The Ela Area Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic, creative employee to provide excellent customer service and technology assistance throughout the library, including the Library's forge. The makerspace is an open, shared space for all ages, and is located adjacent to the Library's teen space. It includes a 3D printer, Silhouette Cameo, craft supplies, sewing machines, Raspberry Pis and more. The Forge Assistant provides traditional basic technology support. In addition, this position will provide assistance and troubleshooting for new forge services, including 3D printing, circulating non-traditional materials, and creating and implementing programs as applicable.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Strong people skills coupled with a commitment to providing excellent customer service to patrons and staff.
Excellent technology troubleshooting skills and problem solving abilities.
- Windows, Mac and iOS operating systems
- Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other computer software
- New media (e.g. apps) and mobile devices
- Hardware including scanners, photocopiers, and storage devices
- 3D printers and other maker technologies preferred
- Communicate effectively and courteously with staff and patrons
- Work both independently and collaboratively
- Interact patiently and pleasantly with all age groups
If you are interested in joining Ela Area Public Library District and meet the job requirements described above,
please complete the PDF application, save it to your computer, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
* The Ela Area Public Library District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, or national origin.