Our busy, customer-focused library is seeking an individual with outstanding people and communication skills and excellent attention to detail to become the newest member of the library's Adult & Teen Services Department as an Adult & Teen Services Librarian.
The Adult & Teen Services Librarian is an integral part of our Adult & Teen Services team,
primarily responsible for providing reference and readers' advisory service to the public along with collection development, programming, outreach, and other duties.
The ideal candidate is:
- Able to provide excellent reference and readers advisory services pleasantly and effectively to adults and teens in a busy environment
- Able to create and implement innovative services and programs
- Able to plan and provide outreach services for a wide range of patrons and community organizations
- Comfortable with assisting the public in using technology, including downloading ebooks to digital devices
- Familiar with current practices in collection development and management
- Able to thrive in a busy, collaborative work environment
This full-time position requires expertise typically acquired through completion of a Master's Degree in Library & Information Science or related degree and experience in working in a public library. Salary from $47,500 DOQ. A generous benefits package is included.
Send cover letter and resume by Friday, July 27, 2018 to Lizzie Matkowski, Adult & Teen Services Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or Downers Grove Public Library, 1050 Curtiss St., Downers Grove, IL 60515.
The Downers Grove Public Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Send cover letter and resume to Lizzie Matkowski, Adult & Teen Services Manager at email@example.com or Downers Grove Public Library, 1050 Curtiss St., Downers Grove, IL 60515.