Being a Solutions Architect at Ex Libris is fun and rewarding. You will have the chance to architect and customize digital solutions for Academic Research Libraries across the country. Providing SME level support, you will demonstrate the benefits and capabilities of popular, market leading software solutions. The function of this position is all about finding the best way to help the client.
If you love libraries and research and have a passion for helping these institutions be successful, keep reading!
In this position, you will also…
• Provide meetings with potential clients to determine functional and some technical and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution.
• Providing consultation to Account Managers and prospective clients by telephone, email, in-person or webinar.
• Providing effective product and technology demonstrations to audiences of varied technical abilities.
• Providing technical solutions in a professional manner and ensures solutions fit within the customers' requirements.
• Interfaces with the Professional Services team, articulating customer requirements, to ensure a smooth transition from Sale to Delivery.
• Attends customer user group meetings, sales meetings and occasional industry conferences.
• Assists with RFP responses.
Three Reasons you should apply...
1. You're ready for a new adventure, broadening your experience and diversifying your skill set.
2. A change of pace with non-traditional hours sounds exciting.
3. You want to travel and learn about what librarians do around the country in various library roles.
This job may not be a fit if...
1. You prefer to be at home and not traveling.
2. Delivering presentations in front of sizable groups of professionals sounds intimidating or unpleasant.
3. You do not enjoy sales engineering
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Bachelor's degree or higher in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3-5 years of experience working with a library integrated system or a library service platform.
• Presentation experience, with strong skillset in planning and leading online and in-person presentations.
• Knowledge of current and evolving library practices and trends.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to professionally interact with a diverse blend of personalities to reach resolution and maintain strong relationships.
It would be awesome if you also had…
• Master's degree in Library and Information Science is highly desirable.
• Professional experience working in a library setting; ILS experience.
• Previous experience working with Alma.
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based at the Ex Libris office in Des Plaines, IL or other U.S. Field Office.
• Frequent travel is required, up to 50%.
• This position requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.