One of America's starred libraries is seeking a PR & Marketing Assistant in the PR & Marketing Department. If you thrive in an exciting, fast-paced work environment, have a knack for graphic design, and would enjoy collaborating on creative projects…we want to hear from you!
During a typical day the Public Relations & Marketing Assistant might:
- Write, edit, and proofread marketing materials
- Design print marketing materials to promote programs and services
- Draft press releases, communicate with local media, and publish event listings
- Assist with creating merchandising displays to promote library collection
- Assist with planning special events and participate in outreach events (occasional nights and weekends)
- Take photos at programs and events for promotional purposes
- Assemble marketing materials by copying, folding, cutting, etc.
- Maintain library bulletin boards and literature racks, deliver flyers and marketing collateral to area businesses, and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Some college experience preferred.
- Experience working fast-paced office environment a plus.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- Experience with photography and video editing a plus.
- Well organized, creative, flexible, and detail-oriented
- Able to handle a wide range of responsibilities and possess a "can do" attitude