Do you want to be a part of a collaborative team that makes a difference in people's lives? Do you have an aptitude for technology, experience or interest in reader's advisory and excellent customer service skills? If so, this opportunity may be for you!
The Indian Trails Public Library District (ITPLD) is seeking a part-time (21 hours per week) Adult Services Assistant with a positive demeanor, a strong skill set for technology and a customer centric focus to join our team.
The key duties and responsibilities include:
- Staffing the Adult Services desk while providing outstanding customer service to our members.
- Assisting individuals of all ages in finding information, locating and suggesting materials and conducting research inquiries.
- Provide individual instruction and in the moment access to information in both print and digital formats.
- Staying up-to-date with all appropriate physical and digital literature in order to provide skillful readers' advisory.
- Assists and/or plans and coordinates programs for high school through adults.
- Actively promoting the library, its materials, and services through programs, outreach,displays, and handouts.
- Assist with and may support specialized projects and tasks under an identified subject area and/or audience as needed.
- Generate and maintain reports and statistics as needed.
This opportunity requires:
- Bachelor's Degree or minimum 2 years relevant experience.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively, use good judgment in the decision making process, and work both independently and as part of a team.
- The knowledge and ability to use computers and relevant software and equipment including but not limited to Google Tools.
- Knowledge of and experience with user instruction focused on technology and a willingness to embrace and advance the library's technology.
- Fluency in a second language is desirable.
- Must have reliable transportation to arrive to work on time for scheduled shifts and be able to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Hourly rate of $17.24. This position is eligible for pro-rated vacation and sick time and IMRF participation. The library supports continued learning and professional growth.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume via e-mail to HR at firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title in the subject line. No phone calls please.