Department: Administration Department
Full Time or Part Time: Part Time
Hours: Averages 22 hours per week, evening and some weekend hours, daytime hours as needed
Application Deadline: May 25, 2018
Woodridge Public Library is seeking a responsible and conscientious individual for the position of Building Custodian.
This part-time position is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and safety of the library facility, grounds, and equipment. Candidate should possess the ability to perform typical daily custodial duties, including trash and recycling removal, emptying inside and outside book returns, meeting room set-up, and take-down, cleaning up of meeting rooms, removing snow and ice from walkways, and basic maintenance tasks.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position working 22 hours per week and may include some evenings, weekends, and mandatory workdays. The hourly rate starts at $12.65/hour and offers some paid time-off and participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
The successful candidate must exhibit initiative in recognizing problems and suggesting solutions. Must be able to work independently, taking directions from all levels of staff when needed. Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds.
- High school diploma or GED
- The ability to use basic hand tools and make elementary repairs.
- This position requires one year of custodial experience preferably in a library or customer service environment.
- Basic office skills, such as the ability to use email.
- Possess the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Availability to work days, evenings and weekends.
- Push rolling carts - up to 25 lbs
- Bend/stoop and lift items from return bins.
- Stand for 1 hour (or sit and get up, sit and get up, etc.)