Freeport Public Library in Freeport, IL is hiring an AFSCME Grade 4 level clerk for part time.
Under general supervision, performs duties within the Circulation and Adult departments, with occasional rotations in the Youth department.
Must have a high school diploma or GED
Must have 1-2 years of computer experience
Must have 1-2 years of customer service experience
Ability to work varying evening and weekend hours, including substitutions
Ability to speak fluent Spanish is desirable
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Access, update and enter patron information
- Answer informational questions
- Locate resources within the library
- Protect patron confidentiality
- Perform opening and closing procedures as required
- Customer service
Other duties as assigned
Download a job application here
Email applications to the attention of Emily Klonicki firstname.lastname@example.org
or send by mail to
100 E. Douglas St.
Freeport, IL 61035