We are seeking a creative, enthusiastic Children's Librarian to join our team.The position includes assisting children and their parents at the Children's Info Desk, presenting programs for children of all ages and collection development during evening and weekend hours. Education and Experience: MLS required from an accredited institution; at least 1 year experience working in a public library highly preferred.
- Collection Development—experience with selection, maintenance and deselection of non-fiction children's materials.
- Graphic design and marketing experience, specifically for library programs and events.
- Proficiency with social media and other facets of the internet.
- Ability to edit children's web page via Wordpress is a plus.
- Works and communicates effectively with the public and library staff using both written and verbal communication skills. Exercises professional ethics and courteous manner at all times.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Windows operating systems.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts day to day library programs and services for children, under the direction of the Children's Services Manager.
- Assists in planning and coordinating services to children.
- Answers reference questions for children and provides readers' advisory service for children at children's reference desk.
- Helps maintain current and frequently changed children's displays.
- Instructs patrons in use of equipment and in the use of the online catalog, computer workstations and other library resources
- Maintains records and prepares reports as requested or assigned.
- Assist in monitoring the behavior and conduct of library patrons in Children's Department.
- Presents programs to outside community groups and have a willingness to represent the library within the community.
- Maintains an ongoing knowledge regarding the provision of children's services and literature.
Submit your resume and cover letter to Sandra Pointon, Library Director