Lake Forest Library, Lake Forest, Illinois, is seeking a part-time cataloger.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:original and copy cataloging all types of materials using AACR2/RDA rules, Library of Congress Subject Headings, and the Dewey Decimal System.
- Master's of Library Science from an ALA accredited college or university.
- Experience with cataloging in a public library consortium environment with an integrated library system, preferably Polaris.
- Experience working with OCLC.
- Proven ability utilizing software for data organization and analysis (e.g., Excel, Access).
- Demonstrated fluent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to successfully initiate, track, and manage projects.
- Strong customer service skills, communication skills, organizational skills, ability to work as a team member and individually.
- Ability to consistently work scheduled hours a must.
Email cover letter, resume, and three references to Catherine, Lemmer, Library Director. No phone calls, please.