Job Summary: The primary role of the Reference Assistant is to digitize local history documents in order to preserve their content. He or she also provides exceptional service to patrons. This individual works well on a team and independently.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Digitizes library documents and maintains the digital collection.
- Conducts basic computer classes covering different topics.
- Provides Readers' Advisory.
- Assists with the use of electronic resources such as databases, eBook platforms, and the online catalog.
- Aids patrons with technology—email, Microsoft Office products, internet navigation, printing station, etc.
- Creates and maintains pathfinders and marketing materials.
- Occasionally develops, plans, and implements creative and dynamic programming.
- Maintains a working knowledge of adult literature and its trends.
- Registers patrons for programs and makes reminder calls.
- Assists Adult Services Department Head with collection development with weeding and provides suggestions for purchase.
- Provides outreach to community agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or LTA required.
- Knowledge of SirsiDynix Symphony integrated library system and OCLC WorldShare platform desired.
- Competent communication skills—telephone and in-person.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Must provide own transportation.
- Ability to work evenings and Saturdays.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to: email@example.com