ROLLING MEADOWS LIBRARY
Department: Building Services
Job Title: Weekend Custodian
Hours: Part-time, 13.5 hours per week;
Saturdays, 8:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. (includes 1 hour unpaid lunch)
Sundays, 12:00 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.
Hourly Rate: $12.00 per hour to start. Sunday hours paid at time and one half.
The Rolling Meadows Library is a wonderful environment to work. We are looking for a reliable, skilled maintenance worker to perform essential upkeep tasks throughout the building. In this position you will be responsible for a wide variety of activities such as minor repairs and cleaning tasks to ensure that the building is safe, tidy and functional. Being reliable and self-motivated, with a keen eye for detail, is essential to success in this position.
- Cleans offices and washrooms
- Meeting Room Set Ups
- Vacuums carpets and mops tile floors
- Maintains library grounds by picking up trash, sweeping sidewalks, watering lawn and plantings, mowing lawn, pulling weeds, and spreading mulch
- Maintains the walkways during the winter months by keeping them snow and ice free
- Possesses mechanical ability to operate HVAC equipment controls, as needed
- Operates lawn maintenance equipment and minor repairs on equipment
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent or general education degree (GED); custodial and landscaping experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills and Abilities
Dependable, organized, communicates well, possesses high standards of cleanliness, sanitation, and strives for excellence in service provided to our patrons and staff.
Successful applicant must possess a valid driver's license and must pass a criminal background check.
Applications available on the Library's website or at Rolling Meadows Library, 3110 Martin Lane, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008. E-mail to: RMLemployment@rmlib.org EOE
Applications available on the Library's website or at Rolling Meadows Library, 3110 Martin Lane, Rolling Meadows, IL 60008.
E-mail to: RMLemployment@rmlib.org EOE