The Itasca Community Library is seeking a Patron Services Associate that has the desire to help us provide best-in-class service to our patrons. We prefer an individual that has experience in a public library and has a positive outlook.
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Greets and assists patrons both in person and on the phone in a manner that ensures a positive patron experience.
- Performs circulation and registration functions following department and library policies and procedures.
- Ability to show initiative, enthusiasm, and resourcefulness in staying engaged during work periods.
- Attends library staff meetings.
- Promotes and registers patrons for library and reading programs and other special events.
- Handles interlibrary loan requests and direct interlibrary loan requests.
- Must maintain professional manner in appearance and when dealing with patrons, staff, and others.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Daytime, evening and weekend work required. Must have flexibility to adjust schedule when required.