We are looking for a talented, self-motivated, customer service-oriented individual to lead our Public Relations Department into the future. The ideal candidate will have excellent writing skills, a knack for graphic design, creative marketing ideas and great communication skills. We are particularly looking for someone who can help with website design and social media marketing, so web skills are a must.
The PR/Marketing Coordinator is responsible for the development of all marketing and promotion activities and implementing creative strategies which increase the community's awareness of library services and programs and attract users to the library. This person oversees some community outreach and the work of the part-time graphic designer. This job never gets boring!
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study (Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design, etc.) and at least one year of experience working in Marketing and/or Public Relations.
- Computer fluency in Windows, MS Office and social media apps.
- Knowledge of graphic design and layout and ability to create signage and publications using a desktop publishing program such as MS Publisher or InDesign.
- Thorough knowledge of the practices and techniques of marketing and promotion.
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and collaboration skills; able to work with different teams as well as in partnership with other staff.
- Excellent professional image and positive attitude.
- Enthusiasm for working with the public.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and great speaking and presentation skills.
Email cover letter and resume to the contact below.
No phone calls, please.