We offer an exciting opportunity for a youth services professional to lead a group of 5 full-time librarians, 2 full-time associates and 1 part-time associate as they explore ways to expand the services Fremont Library offers to its ever-growing community.
The Youth Services Department serves children and teens from birth to 12th grade as well parents and teachers. We renovated the department in 2016 and hope to add more space for middle schoolers and teens in the near future.
Ideal candidates will have a wide range of experience serving youth in a public library setting; be able to plan, brainstorm, advise, advocate for, and lead their energetic department members; be able to see the big picture while working with the 5 other members of the management team; and excel at day-to-day managerial tasks related to the schedule, budget, and customer service.
Because of the current needs of the department it is crucial that the candidate has at least 5 years of experience as a Youth/Children's Librarian. Additional supervisory and management experience is a definite plus.
- Reports to the Assistant Director.
- Works in cooperation with other library Managers and supervisors.
- Manages all department staff.
- Master of Library & Information Science from an ALA-accredited school.
- Minimum of 5 years FTE experience in a public library.
- Strong knowledge of public library professional philosophies of service, collection development approaches, and standard public library collection materials, publishers and vendors and marketing of materials and services to patrons.
- Experience with a wide-range of programming, materials displays, and production of bibliographies and other reader's advisory tools.
For additional qualifications and a full job description visit www.fremontlibrary.org/about-us/jobs
No phone calls please. Include cover letter with resume and email it to the contact listed below.
Going to PLA? We may be able to arrange first interviews at the conference.