The Graphic Designer works with the library's PR Coordinator to provide printed promotional materials for the library, including a bi-monthly newsletter, and some graphics for online. The ideal candidate will have an eye for design from a marketing standpoint. We are looking for someone with creativity and talent who can bring the library staff's ideas to the page within a deadline. This individual would also have advanced skills with Photoshop or similar software to manipulate images to meet the vision for any particular campaign. Proficiency in InDesign is required. Candidates with experience producing newsletters for libraries or other non-profit agencies are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Graphic Arts, Graphic and Web design or related degree from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated ability using desktop publishing and graphics software.
- Experience working under and meeting deadlines preferred.
- Personal computer fluency in Windows, MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite required, particularly InDesign and Photoshop.
- Understands methods and techniques used to effectively adjust, correct and convert pre-press digital files created in various software applications.
- Ability to prioritize and initiate, plan and coordinate multiple projects.
- Superior oral and written communications skills; fluent in English
- Personable, with good professional image, good planning and organizational skills
Email a cover letter of interest, resume and portfolio of your work to the contact below.
The interview process will include a homework assignment of two projects to allow candidates to demonstrate their abilities.