Job Description: Are you detail-orientated? The River Forest Public Library is searching for an enthusiastic Materials Services Assistant I to join our team.
The Materials Assistant I is a part-time position under the supervision of the Materials and Business Services Manager working in the Materials Services Department.
Responsibilities include working with the Assistant Materials Services Manager and other staff members to provide library services to the public in the Materials Services Department by:
- Shelves all formats of library materials, shifting materials as necessary.
- Opens interlibrary loan bins and processes items, empties book drop(s).
- Retrieves items in the library stacks for patrons and staff; fills interlibrary loan requests.
- Check in materials; place items in transit/on hold for library patrons.
- Shelf reading and other projects as assigned.
- Handles telephone inquiries and routes calls as appropriate.
- Sorts incoming mail and routes to appropriate personnel.
- Assists with meeting room set up.
Requirements: Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday daytime availability required.
- High School Diploma is required.
- Computer literate and experience with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to arrange alphabetically and numerically.
- Ability to reach, bend, lift and retrieve materials.
- Ability to show initiative, use good judgment in making decisions and exercise discretion with patrons and staff.
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 20 lbs. and push or pull carts loaded with library materials.
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.