- Perform general janitorial duties to maintain the cleanliness, appearance, and smooth operation of the building and grounds: open the building; empty dishwasher; make coffee; clean washrooms, floors, etc.; empty book and AV bins; unload and distribute deliveries.
- Execute meeting/program setup requests.
- Provide high level of customer service and sound public relations.
- Carry out snow removal (snow blowing, shoveling, salt spreading) and grounds cleaning in all weather conditions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Functions listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Education and Other Requirements
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of building operations work experience preferred.
- A valid driver's license.
- Able to perform tasks that require walking, bending, stooping, standing, kneeling, climbing, reaching, and sitting.
- Able to carry out heavy lifting tasks up to 50 pounds and as much as 25 pounds overhead.
- Commitment to a flexible work schedule, including covering for vacations, and shift changes as needed
Lake Forest Library is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Please email a letter of interest describing your qualifications and experience. No phone calls, please. Email responses only.