St. Charles Library
Full Time or Part Time:
17.5 average hours a week: Wednesday 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM Thursday 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM Friday 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM Sunday 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM (2 in a 4 week rotation)
Start at $21.98 per hour - depending on experience
- Provides reference, reader advisory, and other library services; assists patrons in the use of library resources regardless of format.
- Instructs patrons on the use of library resources; prepares responses and communicates information to patrons, recommends developmentally appropriate materials in accordance with age, requests or interests.
- Maintains knowledge of youth services to include literature, media, emerging technologies, programming, strategies, etc.
- Provides information about Youth Services events and processes event registrations.
- Assists and teaches digital literacy skills to children, students, caregivers and educators through daily transactions or age-specific programming using library technology.
- Monitors developments in library services; participates in professional development activities such as self-directed learning, webinars, and professional meetings; understands and uses all appropriate library hardware and software.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of the layout and appearance of the department.
- Maintaining confidentiality of patron records and transactions.
- Serves on Library staff teams and committees.
- Assists with other library functions and disciplines as required.
Qualifications – Candidate should possess skill in:
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in working with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Use of electronic and multimedia resources and technologies as applicable to the delivery of reader advisory, reference and information services.
- Bibliographic instruction.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
Education and Experience:
Master's Degree in library sciences; AND one (1) year of experience in library youth services functions.
Friday, March 23, 2018
Cheryl Matthews, HR Manager