Indian Prairie Public Library is seeking an energetic person to assist with a variety of tasks including building and maintenance duties and some clerical and data entry duties. This position is an average of 10 hours per week. Must work Monday and Wednesday evenings and every other Saturday morning. The salary is $11.69 per hour.
The ideal applicant will:
- Work well independently
- Take pride in the appearance of the building
- Be a "neat freak" who enjoys cleaning and keeping things organized
- Like to keep busy
- Have good time management
- Enjoy being a part of a team environment
High school or equivalent; Two or more years of work experience; Must be available weekday evenings and weekends.
Job Duties include:
- Set up or move furniture or equipment as required, including meeting spaces
- Clean, dust and wipe off furniture and equipment
- Clean spills and messes
- Remove trash from parking lot and exterior of building
- Distribute ice melt. May need to shovel snow.
- Change messages on exterior signs.
- Assist with watering and weeding.
- Assist with recycling of books, magazines and other materials
- Assist with security cameras; record and print camera shots as necessary
A complete job description and application is available at www.ippl.info and at the Check Out Desk on the first floor. Submit application to Laura Birmingham, Assistant Director, Indian Prairie Library, 401 Plainfield Road, Darien, IL 60561 or email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until March 1, 2018.
The Indian Prairie Public Library District is located in Darien Illinois serving 42,000 residents in the communities of Darien, Willowbrook and Burr Ridge. Indian Prairie Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer.