This individual is responsible for shelving and/or sorting books, periodicals, and other library materials and making sure that materials are in proper order on designated carts.
They also maintain the orderly appearance of our library by clearing tables of books, periodicals, library materials and routinely "read" shelves to ensure materials are properly located including retrieving and shelving returned and "hold" items. They will also assist patrons with library equipment available for public use, empty book drops and may empty courier bins and will inspect materials for damage; referring damaged items to appropriate staff and check-in library materials.
Education and Experience: Minimum sixteen (16) years of age.
Qualifications- Candidates must have skills in the following areas:
- Sorting and filing alphabetically and numerically.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions.
- Following established routines.
- Reading numbers and letters rapidly and accurately.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or Library goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Working with a variety of individuals.
Mobility to work in a library setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds and push carts that weigh up to 100 pounds; agility to bend, reach and climb; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.