Hours: Part Time/Non-Exempt. The Messenger Library is an EEO employer.
Benefits: Following one year of work employee is eligible for a prorated 56 hours of paid time off. This is an IMRF (Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund) pension position.
Under the supervision of the Circulation Services Department Head performs a variety of tasks related to the circulation of materials.
Understands and enforces the library policies and procedures while safeguarding confidential and restricted information
- Shelving of Library Materials (this position will be primarily shelving materials)
- Checks library materials in and out.
- Collects fines and fees and makes change.
- Processes holds on materials.
- Checks shelves for overdue material.
- Empties book drop as required.
- Registers new library patron card accounts
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
High School Diploma and or GED equivalence. Customer service oriented and work experience and team player. Applicants must have very flexible availability and will be required to work daytimes /evenings and weekends to meet Library patron service needs. Computer adaptability and knowledge.
H.S. diploma / some college courses and / or Library Technical Assistant Certification (LTA) and prior public library work experience.
Email the following: 1) Cover Letter 2) Resume and 3) Three work references to: Mary Malach Head of Circulation Services: firstname.lastname@example.org