JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing tasks and assisting patrons at the Circulation Desk, in addition to shelving and organizing the Library collection.
• Charges and discharges Library material.
• Issues and renews Library cards.
• Collects payments for fines, fees, and other services.
• Answers and directs patron inquiries by phone or public service desk.
• Performs clerical tasks such as filing, typing, copying, etc.
• Sort, shelve, and maintain shelf order of all Library material as required, either alphabetically or numerically.
• Assists patrons with computers, copiers, and other Library equipment. Troubleshoots problems and notifies appropriate staff of complex issues.
• Processes interlibrary loan transactions and hold requests.
• Processes and catalog serials.
• Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Library-related technology, equipment, software, and digital resources.
• Knowledge of alphabetic and decimal numeric filing rules.
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills in a team environment.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to be accurate, detail-oriented, and efficient in the performance of assigned duties.
• Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
• Ability to move Library materials from one location to another, either by physically carrying the materials or by moving a fully loaded book truck.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• High school diploma or working towards completion.
• Previous experience in a library, clerical, or other public service environment preferred.
Applications and resumes may be submitted online or in person at the Circulation Desk.
Applicants for all positions are subject to a background check.