The Green Hills Public Library District is looking for a friendly, creative, and enthusiastic person to join our Youth Services Department! Candidates must be proficient in technology and possess strong customer service skills, must be comfortable working on a team in a fast-paced environment, and—most importantly—must enjoy working with children of all ages.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting patrons of all ages in the full use of the Library and its digital and print resources
- Providing reader's advisory and reference assistance to children of all ages and their caregivers
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of youth programming, including storytimes
- Creating attractive and engaging displays and promotional materials
- Promoting Library resources, programs, and services
- Processing and copy cataloging of youth services materials.
Qualifications: Minimum two years of college or LTA certificate. Minimum one year experience in a library or other public service or education environment. Fluency in Arabic or Polish a plus.
The Green Hills Public Library District is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit resume and cover letter, along with the Green Hills Public Library District employment application, which can be found at greenhillslibrary.org/about/employment .
No calls please.