Do you love interacting with tweens and teens? Do you post, Tweet, Snap, or Instagram about your favorite teen titles? Will you help us to give the youth of today the tools they'll need to navigate the landscapes of tomorrow? Now's your chance! Flossmoor Public Library is looking for a Teen Services Assistant who will engage with our after-school crowd, develop and implement fun traditional and STEAM-based tween and teen programs, and be part of an energetic and enthusiastic team in our Youth Services department.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about working with middle- and high school students, have a strong knowledge of teen literature, be knowledgeable about mobile technology and apps, and be a strong team player. This is a great opportunity for an MLIS student looking to gain experience in teen services.
A complete job description is available upon request.
- High school diploma (some college preferred)
- Knowledge of teen literature
- One year of library or public service experience working with teens
- Must be able to bend & stoop, reach up to 70"
- Commitment to public service
- Familiarity with computers/Microsoft Office programs required
- Availability to work evenings and weekends required
- Social media and graphic skills a plus
- Social work experience a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter, résumé, and completed Flossmoor Public Library application via e-mail to Anna Pauls, Youth Services Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled, but applications received by Friday, January 12, 2018, will receive priority consideration. Flossmoor Public Library is an equal-opportunity employer.