Scot Forge Company is looking to hire a part time librarian at the corporate facility in Spring Grove, IL. Scot Forge is a 123 year-old, 100% employee-owned company that manufactures custom open die and rolled ring forgings. At Scot Forge, we help our customers succeed in their most critical initiatives with forged solutions for everything from the world's physical infrastructure, energy and transportation to manufacturing, mining, and our national defense.
Company: Scot Forge Company www.scotforge.com
Position Title: Part Time Librarian (min. 20 hours/week)
Location(s): Spring Grove, IL.
- Library related tasks include literature searches and reference assistance, cataloging, conducting library training sessions and training related to library services offered, developing relevant programming and other tasks which suit the experience and capabilities of the candidate.
- Technical Librarian will be responsible for maintaining the Scot Forge Library and disseminating technical information (including industry specifications, technical reference information, in-house standards, and standard operating procedures) throughout the company while upholding license agreements and copyright requirements.
- Technical Librarian which will support required technical research; allocation and control of technical documents; and maintain Scot Forge Library.
- Coordinate and administer DMS actives within the scope of internal procedures and reference documents.
- Administrative support as needed. Related tasks include but are not limited to document creation and formatting, workflow management and document revision management.
- This person should have experience in various fields of library science, including but not limited to, cataloging, acquisitions, library management system maintenance and literature searching and in depth research skills. Familiarity with industry standard publishers (ASTM, SAE, ASME, etc.) is preferred. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is required as well as knowledge of business and reference resources. Experience training adult learners individually and in groups is a plus. In addition, this person should have excellent organizational skills, great written and oral communication skill sand work comfortably independently as well as on a team.
- Scot Forge is looking for applicants with a degree from an ALA-accredited institution. A minimum of a Bachelor's degree, Master's preferred (MLS, MLIS, MIS or equivalent.)
Must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S.
Must be able to pass a 90 day hair drug test.